terça-feira, 30 de março de 2010

Heinrich Heine (1797-1856)

-Atheism is the last word of theism.
-Christ rode on an ass, but now asses ride on Christ.
-Communism possesses a language which every people can understand - its elements are hunger, envy, and death.
-Every man, either to his terror or consolation, has some sense of religion.
-God will forgive me. It's his job.
-I do not know if she was virtuous, but she was ugly, and with a woman that is half the battle.
-I fell asleep reading a dull book and dreamed I kept on reading, so I awoke from sheer boredom.
-I have never seen an ass who talked like a human being, but I have met many human beings who talked like asses.
-I will not say that women have no character; rather, they have a new one every day.
-If the Romans had been obliged to learn Latin, they would never have found time to conquer the world.
-It is a common phenomenon that just the prettiest girls find it so difficult to get a man.
-It is extremely difficult for a Jew to be converted, for how can he bring himself to believe in the divinity of - another Jew?
-Matrimony; the high sea for which no compass has yet been invented.
-Music played at weddings always reminds me of the music played for soldiers before they go into battle.
-Oh, what lies there are in kisses.
-The Bible is the great family chronicle of the Jews.
-There are more fools in the world than there are people.
-Whatever tears one may shed, in the end one always blows one's nose.
-When the heroes go off the stage, the clowns come on.
-Whether a revolution succeeds or fails people of great hearts will always be sacrificed to it.
-You cannot feed the hungry on statistics.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário